Sunday 10 May 2015

Chapter Two Reading!



Last week I posted up an article and link that took people to a video upload of me reading the first chapter in Trinity – The Prophecy. I was so nervous that I was hyperventilating and just about breaking apart. I wanted to pull it down. But, with the encouragement from my fans and friends both on my blog, Facebook page and street team I left it up. I had an overwhelming response on my Facebook page, which meant little traffic to YouTube its self, but it gave me the courage to post Chapter two.
Still nervous and nearly throwing up before I started recording I pushed through with a few little errors and hiccups mixed with some of my trademark facial expressions.
I am starting to enjoy this, apart from the nerves. I have been receiving lots of messages about my awesome Aussie accent (which I find dull and boring lol). Lots of praise for jumping out of my comfort zone for my fans and giving a little piece of myself to them.
As an Aussie author, it is extremely hard.
One problem is postage. I have so many lovely readers over on the other side of the big blue pond that want signed copies of my books. But, postage cost an arm and half a leg, sometimes a full 3 limbs if it’s all three books. E.g., Crystal bought 3 copies. It cost $73 to post them. She covered the cost as I can’t, but not everyone can do this.
Problem two. Travel. I am scared of flying, I would need to boat it over on a cruise ship with lots of sexy male staff members (all research pervs I swear) but, I still need a passport. Costs, for travel, accommodation, etc. I honestly cannot say I will make it over to America unless a big shot movie producer pay’s to have my books made into a movie or TV show.
So for now, it is just me and my IPad video camera :(
I am not the only author with this problem. Even those in the US already would find it hard to even drive a few hours as the eBook industry is being taken over by millions of authors. Sales are low, reviews rarely get left even if I receive a message saying how much they loved it.
My point. I am not a writer for money. That would be silly of me. But, I am a writer for the reader and that means I must push myself that extra mile for them. Like stepping out of my comfort zones so they can have a little piece of me.
My theory is… If you have just ONE person that loves your work, that is who you write for!
My new theory… If only one person watches my video of myself reading my books to the world that is who I record for :p
So, this is Chapter Two in Trinity – The Prophecy. I hope you enjoy it. Please subscribe or give me a thumbs up or thumbs down.
You are all AMAZEBALLZ!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment