Thursday 7 May 2015

As Shy as a Possum! Chapter One



Hello my lovely’s :D
I have decided to take a big jump with author problems #327. I am so shy when it comes to talking to people I don’t know or approaching people when I am by myself. I have never asked anywhere to do a book launch or to have my books except my local Library. Which did not go so well as the lady was really rude and made me want to run and hide behind a bookshelf.
Anyways, I came up with this plan as I also have a problem with talking in front of crowds of people I know and strangers. What better practice that to read my work to the whole internet world? Don’t get me wrong, I am not excepting thousands and millions of people to watch this, but even a hand full will be more than I have spoken in front of before :p
Ok, each week I will be reading a chapter from my book. I am going to make mistakes and get shy, but I am hoping down the track I will learn to speak fluently and confidently in case I ever decide to do a launch or Meet the Author event.
I figure if I can do it under the pressure of potential millions watching me, a small crowd of ten people will be easy hahaha
Wish me luck xox

 

No comments:

Post a Comment